Aaaahhhh Aesop how I love you so! If you don’t know them already, let me introduce you to one of my favourite brands of all time. Everything about them just oozes understated cool and the products are bona fide amazing. I was at Boundary in Shoreditch recently and you can smell the hand cream available in the toilets throughout the building! Originally started in 1987 by an Australian hairdresser the brands aim is to formulate hair, skin and body products of the highest quality – using plant based and laboratory made ingredients.
Some key facts about Aesop:
- None of their products contain animal derived ingredients meaning absolutely all of their hair, skin and body products are vegan friendly
- They do not test on animals, nor ask third parties to do so on their behalf. All new ingredients are tested on human volunteers.
- They focus on effective ingredients and anti oxidants are present in majority of their products, which the intention to fight skin damage caused by modern lifestyles (stress, poor diet, smoking etc)
- They are actively working towards using only Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO)
- Aesop offsets 100% of their palm oil derived ingredients through the purchase of GreenPalm certificate. These certificates give money back to growers who are producing sustainable palm oil to reward and encourage continuation of their efforts.
- Design led, their concept stores are beautiful spaces with industrial textures and furnishings, and the utilitarian packaging is “carefully considered to ensure they function with ease and bring delight to our eyes..” Find out more about this on their microsite, Taxonomy of Design
- Aesop will not sell their products in a territory which requires animal testing by law, (e.g. china) retaining their commitment to be cruelty free
Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Treatment
A high-potency oil that contains nine anti-oxidant ingredients and fatty acids to leave your face smooth, supple, and deeply hydrated.
- Available online here
To intensively condition hair, restoring vitality and shine.
- From £23 (depending on size)
- Available here
This body oil contains a combination of sweet almond, jojoba and orange oil to use as an all over body treatment and massage oil.
- Available online here
You can try any of the products yourself by popping into one of their UK stores – there are several across London, including Broadway market, Islington, Shoreditch, Covent Garden and Soho as well as nationwide including Nottingham, Manchester and Bristol.
Aesop products can also be purchased from their concept stores in Australia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, USA, France, Germany , Switzerland, Taiwan, Hong Kon, Sweden, Norway, from Barneys NY, David Jones stores in Australia and online here.